Dr. Rawaz Kurda
Education: PhD in Civil Engineering
Position: Chair of Certification committee at ACI-KURDISTAN chapter
Job Location: Lecturer at the Erbil polytechnic University
Area of interest: Materials science; Environmental impact; Life Cycle Assessment; Geopolymer concrete; Toxicity; Alkali-activated materials. Supplementary ementitious materials; Construction and demolition waste; Sustainable concrete and mortar; Costs (economy); Multi criteria analysis; Optimization.
- Published more than 50 scientific articles in high impact factor (Clarivate ) journals
- I’ve participated in two Portuguese projects as a Postdoctoral researcher (SLPforBMS and RInoPolyCrete).
- Editors: Four Impact factor Journals and few Scopas/Clarivate journals
- Ranked number 1 out of ~ 600 teachers at Erbil Polytechnic University for most cited researchers (12/6/2021).
- Supervision: PhD students in the UK, Turkey and Portugal
- Member of CERES Research unit
- PhD in Civil Engineering (Construction Building Materials) at University of Lisbon (distinction)
- I’ve worked with the Canadian, American and Italian armies, and several international organizations (Habitat, AC-TED, World vision, Save Children and ICRC) as a logistic supplier in Iraq (Erbil and Mosul- Gayara).
- I’ve worked in a
- Private sector - working with several construction companies as a project manager (e.g. water supply and sanitation for a mini-city which included 527 units of residential houses);
- Government department - Minister of Housing and Reconstruction/KRG (e.g. supervising and preparing proposals/tenders of the sanitary system for many residential areas;
Higher education and teaching in Portugal (Ulisboa-IST) and Iraq (Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research-EPU). I have also worked as a translator for Syrian and Iraqi refugees in Portugal.